Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Visiting...(No peeping Mum!)


I am off to visit my parents for a few days. They live in Norfolk, so a bit of a trek, but it will be good to see them. I like to take my Mum a few gifts, to show she is appreciated! I have made her one of my postcard decorated handbags, using vintage fabrics. I buy china hatpin holders whenever I see them at carboot sales, as she likes to collect these to display her old hatpins in. (I recently managed to find three!) The blue fabric is a tablecloth decorated with chickens- she keeps hens like me!!- so thought this would be fun.

Speak to you all soon, on my return- have a great week, love Niki.xx


11 comments:

  1. I'm actually visiting my mum,too in Indiana...have a great time and soak up all those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say your parents.
    I was reading the comment from cityfarmer so I also wrote mother.......instead of parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time with your family, I am sure your Mum will be thrilled with her vintage lovelies! safe journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! HATPIN HOLDERS ! I have seen these before and not known that was what they are ! ha! I will be looking for them now and watch ! I won't ever see them again !!!

    This bag you made is too too cute. I love it . Wonderful !

    YOur mom is bound to love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I wish to be your mum lol! That bag is so lovely!! Well done! Have a wonderful trip Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She`ll love these! Have a nice time. I like your salt and pepper shakers.

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, I bet your mum will be chuffed to bits! Just been looking at the pics of your beautiful house too... absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a bargain and can see you have great taste. I really like the bag you made your mum, how did you make it with a postcard? I'd love to know your secret. I hope you have a nice time in Norfolk with your parents. I've just had mine to visit, I live in Suffolk, not far from yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're back soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This purse is SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx