Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Treasure Seeking in Dorset.


Hope you had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend...

We combined one of my buying day trips with some family fun...Hubby and I took our youngest to see the sea at Burton Bradstock.
It turned out to be a lovely sunny day, although the winds were still a bit wild...
which meant the waves were coming in quite high for this coastline.
*
*
As well as savouring the scenery, I did do a little treasure seeking...
I bought this pretty layette basket. I imagine that it would have been put together by a clever crafter in the 1930's...I ran a few small repairs to it today, but generally it is still lovely.
Love the pincushion for the nappy pins.
I also bought a gorgeous hand painted floral picture, a rose tin and a c1950's jacket.

A reel of braid will be useful for my handmade hand bags...and I've already re-purposed the hand embroidered antimacassar into a shopping bag...

Complete with a shaped bottom(!) and a Sanderson print for the back.

I've been busy making other new stock for the shop too...

More can be seen on my other blog.

My day off tomorrow and I intend to take my daughter and her boyfriend out for a treat, before my in-laws arrive for a few days stay with us.

Enjoy the rest of your week,
Niki x

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you were able to get down to the coast. Enjoy the rest of the week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing box is gorgeous, and the polka-dotted dress super lovely! I'd wear it!
    I made it through the surgery ;) now I must rest.
    Sending hugs,
    Monica xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that looks like some active water. That is a pretty beach, I bet your girls had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:32 pm

    dear nikki
    As promised I am very happy to be able not only to look at each update you make bur also as a nearby resident to be able to call into the shop and see in real life your recent gems...
    I am unable to travel far or walk far and have only been sewing for the last 18 months so a visit to your shop inspires me to go straight home and try something new. This afternoon I used some 1920 crochet cotton and made very very small flowers jusr about an inch in diameter in crochet. I will add one or two extra for your stock as a thank you for your inspiration and not minding that so far I have not purchased anything....I have my eye on one of your dolls.they are fabulous.
    Just one word from my other half not
    as he said but genuinely good. That is really something coming from him
    Keep up the good work as there are lots of people just like me who look forward to you blogs

    Audrey.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, & love the little blue basket! A treasure indeed.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx