Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wherever I Lay My Hat...

Back in January, I mentioned that I was going to move the wardrobe out of my shop that I'd been using as a shop fitting for the vintage fashions, as I no longer intended to stock clothes. It came home and we put it to use in our spare single bedroom.
Over the last couple of days I've been painting it inside and out. A calm French grey on the outside and a soft cream inside.
With that all behind me, today I moved in my vintage hats, as somewhere to display and store them. It will also be fun to play dress-up when my little granddaughter is old enough :)

The hats that I've collected over the years are pretty floral ones, often from the States. I managed to get most of them onto the shelves down one side of the wardrobe.
I put my hat stands in amongst them too.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
To the left of the shelves is the hanging area.
I've stood all my larger flapper girl hat stands on this side.
And the odd Bunny Girl! :)
There's a glazed panel that slots into the middle of the wardrobe, which offers a tantalising glimpse as to what's inside...but most of it will be a surprise when the doors are opened.
I've also been looking through some of the old baby clothes that I'd stored in the attic, from when our girls were tiny.
All now freshly laundered and hung up inside the wardrobe.
Finally, I hung up the sweet 1940's dressing gown that I bought last year - All ready for little guests to come and stay...And play...

More of the room make-over when its complete.
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Niki x

10 comments:

  1. Looking absolutely wonderful. What an amazing collection.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your hats, especially the one that looks as if it is made from rose petals... how I would love to wear it! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Wardrobe, hats, hatstands and all. See you on 21st April at the Vintage Bazaar. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. when we went to US last year to stay with my cousin and his wife we found out that she'd been a Playboy Bunny Girl (it was so frowned on by the family they'd kept it a secret all these years!!) and she dug out the publicity shots- I have to say that all coy and cutsie she did look just like your hatstand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Especially that wardrobe and its new colour! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful colour you've used on the wardrobe! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally amazed at your collection. I am looking forward to having a new grand daughter this August - I'll have three to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the most gorgeous things here on this beautiful blog of yours niki!! I love to just scroll through all of your old posts for inspiration... Hope you are well. xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! :):)
    See you soon, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect, I am sure the little people who come to stay will so enjoy your room, come to that grown ups will to you have a wonderful collection and I love the cupboard. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx