Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garden Delights


Our garden is taking up most of my spare time at the moment...
But with the sun shining, I wouldn't have it any other way...
It does mean, however, that most of the kitchen change-around is still a work in progress...
Except for this corner - where I've placed some viburnum and cat mint in a very old glazed pot from France. I love the cracked and crazed patina its developed over the years.

Now, while I've been trying to tear myself in two directions, one minute concentrating on our garden, then next on the kitchen, I have also been keeping an eye on my emails... 
One I found of particular interest, as it came from Beth at Trevoole Farm, which we were lucky enough to visit last year. 
Beth has asked me to pass on an invitation on my blog, to anyone interested in visiting her open garden on Sunday 24th, as she has something rather special going on alongside the usual event...
"We have a special sale on the Sunday with a vintage marquee packed full of antique furniture, china, glass and textiles.  It is going to be used for a wedding this Friday and then all sold off this Sunday.....I thought of you as I am sure anyone who likes the same things as you would LOVE it!!!  It is from 2-5 on the Sunday afternoon.  Country Living are coming to take pictures....I just hope it does not rain!"

Best regards
Beth
I can't tell you how much I wish I could go!!! So if anyone does make it along, please take lots of photos and tell me all about it!!
I shall console myself by spending as much time as I can in my own garden! :)  

















Before I sign-off for this evening, I have just one more future date for your diary...
Saturday 30th June...
I've been having a clear out and shall be offering lots of linens and textiles (many at just 50p!), and lots of retro dresses (most at £5 per piece) for sale at the Vintage Bazaar's Giant Vintage Rag Market at 'The Cheese & Grain' Frome - 9am - 3pm.
Hope to see you there!
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. I wish that I could see Beth's garden and attend your Giant Vintage Rag Market too! Your garden looks so lovely Niki!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what beauty you have achieved. i love english gardens since they are so varied in shapes and sizes.

    i am reading lots about vita sackville-west these days and learning how to plant a puple and white garden.

    blessings and enjoy the scents and sounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy following your blog. I am trying to comment more. The photos are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we share the same name and spelt the same too! Beautiful photos, glad to come across your blog. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niki your garden is beautiful. I love the red Geraniam's in the window. I've recently found your lovely blog and became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is always such a pleasure to the eye...your garden and home are - I am sure good for your soul!!
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!
    I wish I was there ... sigh!
    Good luck and kisses, Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx