Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All the Small Things...


Just a quick update of some of the little projects I have completed so far this week, mostly using the bits and pieces that I picked up at the Antiques Fair on Saturday (see previous post.)
The French perfume bottle has had an original hair tonic label added to the front. I also tied a hand dyed silk ribbon around the neck, trapping a small posy of velvet flowers.

A little glass magnifier has been turned into a mini paperweight. I used an old Sunday school card glued to the bottom. Trimmed away the excess, and covered the back with a disc of velvet.
I still have the three larger ones yet to do, but I want to find the right images to place under them, to make them hard to resist!

Two little tatty film boxes had some antique trims added to the lids. 

Unique little gift boxes to hold a piece of jewellery or perhaps a few coins. 

Some of the antique bottles have had vintage costume brooches attached to the fronts. 
The brooches can easily be removed to wear, but look decorative on the bottles, standing on a dressing table when not in use.

(These little greetings cards can be seen on my other blog.)
The rest of the time has been spent working on a collection of fairy dolls for the V&H fair on the 1st. Finishing touches yet to do, so I shall show those on a future post.
Hubby and I put up the little mirrored shelf in our hallway this week. 
There's just enough room for a few of my favourite bits and pieces on the top. 

The two smaller shelves are great for dumping keys and the morning post. (Not that ours ever arrives in the morning - Its usually at least 2pm!) 


All I have time for tonight...
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Niki xx

6 comments:

  1. I love your dainty makes Niki, and having spent the week covering tea trollies and sewing cabinets with wallpaper, I can really see the benefit in SMALL things!

    I love your sentence re the mirror on the wall "...just enough room for some of my favourite things..." I don't know about you, but how gluttonously I covet the arrival of any more inches of space on which to place those dear favourites!

    Good luck with your fairs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki,
    I love your crafty goodness so far,the glass bottles are dreamy!! the one with blue pearls inside is beautiful.
    The new shelf looks wonderful and those surfaces for keys etc are so important when you come home and want to drop everything down,love the styling on it too.
    I really do like how you have dressed your door,i think it is one of the prettiest i have seen and it inspires me as our kitchen door is upvc and i need to paint it with Annie Sloan chalk paint inside and then dress it with lace and bits,if it looks half as pretty as yours i will be smiling x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Niki! I had saved your picture of the door with the red and white already some time ago and now with the shelf on the side, looks even nicer. I wonder if I should paint our old dark brown door in white...? Love those paper weights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:55 am

    I do particularly love the paperweight but then I am partial to things with birds on them. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects, the paperweights are sweet. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all but maybe especially the glass bottles.I do so enjoy reading your blog. Shirley in N.Z.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx