Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Vintage Christmas Bazaar

Visited a local farm yesterday to buy a Christmas tree. For now we are storing it outside - waiting for Sunday when our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter come over for lunch and we'll all decorate the tree and house together.

In the meantime this little pot grown spruce is providing some festive cheer to our living room. 
I plonked it inside the old galvanised wash-tub and trimmed it with some of my vintage glass baubles...



For now though I am having to concentrate on the upcoming Vintage Christmas Bazaar at Frome on Saturday.

I've made two more medium sized rag doll to take with me...This is Gertrude, dressed in vintage fabrics, antique lace and her WWII 'Gertie' sweetheart brooch. 

And this is Bethany...
Dressed in a rare antique French fabric.

I've made some more lavender-filled French linen hearts. Some with lace pockets to slip in a little treat for someone special (for now they have Victorian paper scraps slipped inside.)
And then there are some others with decorative lace fronts and glass buttons. 



Smaller hearts made from antique French quilt.

I've made two more fairy dolls...
To continue with the sweet/pudding theme...
There's Macaroon...


And Snickerdoodle.


The Vintage Christmas Bazaar.
At the Cheese & Grain, Market Yard, Frome, Somerset BA11 1BE.
Saturday 15th December 2012
9am - 3pm.
£1 admission.
Always a fantastic event - Hope to see you there! 
Niki x

6 comments:

  1. oooohhh i love Macaroon! she is beautiful Niki i adore her tinsel wings and furry hood,as usual everything else you have created is just stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Gertrude and her lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been SO busy.......ooh ooh ooh just love each and every thing...... So upset that I can't come to Frome.... So near and yet so far...... I have to work and can't escape.......with you in spirit though..... Have a fantastic day I'm sure you're going to be very busy! Christmas wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dolls especially
    Snickerdoodle. Always so pretty
    lace and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over using a link from Dians Timpanalley. I think your hearts from the French quilt are stunning, as are all of your other items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait!
    let the festivities begin....
    D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx