Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Busy Weekend.

Saturday was the day of the annual Vintage & Handmade Spring Fair at Chipping Sodbury.
Once again, Michele and Jayne had organised a wonderful event.  There was a fabulous mix of stalls and merchandise to entice the 800 visitors who came through the doors.
I had a very successful day and would like to  thank very much all of those who made a purchase from my stall - Always lovely to catch up with familiar faces and also to make friends with new ones.
Its always a relief when all the hard work that is done up-front, pays off.
These are a few shots of my stall before the doors opened...







This is Fi's beautiful stall, who was next to me.
My lovely friend Helen's stall full of vintage textile treasures. 
Christine's stunning display. I spent a good twenty minutes looking through all of Christine's delights and decided to treat myself to a few lovelies...

Doesn't it all look dreamy together? Christine does this so well...her attention to detail is incredibly meticulous. (She looked adorable too, dressed in vintage fabrics and starched white broderie anglais!)

Ghost mirror backed in fabric.

Dainty hair pin.


Pretty jewellery items on Belinda's stall.
Ali's tastefully created sachets...
And one of her fairy dolls.

Heather of Hellish Designs was also next to me with her fabulous French brocante.
Opposite us was fairyland, courtesy of Jane!



I bought this tiny fairy dress for my daughter's bedroom - She loved it! 
Louise Taylor Bowen had beautiful nature inspired necklaces, brooches and headpieces.
Michele's sweet collection of fuzzy friends.
I forgot to take a photograph of Claire Baker's stand, which was delicious...
but here's what I bought from her. She is a ceramic artist who creates some truly unique pieces. I fell for this cup and saucer trio with its vintage rose decals...
That's my Birthday money all spent up now!

Thanks to Nicole for the latest copy of Pretty Nostalgic magazine - Lots of great articles and inspiration.
And my thanks too to Claudette, who once again, travelled from London with her best friend Noreen to visit the fair...and bearing gifts too! A tin full of scrumptious shortbread biscuits. Thank you C! x

***
What a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend we had...
Perfect weather for wearing new sandals...

Blowing bubbles...
And family barbecues...

I found time for a spot of buying for my shop too!
Two French lace window panels.
An original watercolour painting.
Victorian papier mache letter rack.
Vintage postcards.
Shoe stretchers which I shall make-over and a Mrs. Beeton's book. I also bought another  Water Babies book from the 1920's, which I shall show on another post with my other copies. 
Cute soft toy lion.
Large china wash bowl, c1920's.
And a pretty china dressing table set.

I hope you had an enjoyable BH weekend too,
Niki x

PS: My thanks to Julie and her husband who came to visit me in my little shop last Friday.  :)  

8 comments:

  1. Looks like there was a LOT of temptation at that fair. I could so have spent all day there! ! ! Your stall was lovely! Such a nice mix of things! (Love the Pearls of Wisdom! :) And that fairy stall was so fun! That fairy dress was sooooo cute! Looks like it was one great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures - your posts are always a feast for the eye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki.
    Thank you for these wonderful pictures... I wanted to be there!
    But anything is possible...
    Best regards, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, thanks for sharing and showing it. You had a fantastic stand and I am so happy you made good sales and had a great day. Shall send an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I could kick myself for not getting to the fair. There are so many lovely things on your stall that I would have had in a nano second, particularly love your little faces on the little powder puffs.
    Everything looked beautiful Niki:-)

    best wishes Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear from you Ginny...would have been lovely to have seen you again...
    I'm always happy to sell on-line!
    ;-))
    Take care,
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments on my post on Sunday.

    Great photos, looks like you had a wonderful day on Saturday.
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Niki and lovely photos. Thanks for the mention and hope to see you at another fair soon. Fi.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx