Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The Seasonal Home

I had a lovely treat of a day yesterday...A whole day-off spent at my friend Helen's delightful Somerset cottage.  I always like to take flowers when I'm invited out to lunch...The plants and shrubs are still waking up in my garden, so I supplemented some hellebores and foliage from the borders with some English stocks bought from my local greengrocers...Ahhh the scent! :)
Some of you may know Helen - We stall-out next to each other at the Vintage Bazaar, Frome. I've also featured Helen's cottage on my blog before and in my book.
I love the way Helen always makes changes to her home, with the turning of the seasons... 
There are always fresh flowers picked from her garden and the pictures hanging from the walls move around - This month they feature primroses, anemones, and violets.





Handmade cushions soften the chairs...
And more pretty primrose treasures fill the shelves.



A delicious home cooked lunch in the perfect seasonal home is a joy indeed! :)
Thank you Helen for a wonderful day x
***
And thank you to everyone who left a kind message to my previous post...It is humbling to have so much support - It is my hope that the H&A awards will encourage more people to go out and discover their local antique and vintage shops on their high streets and to enjoy (and buy!) what these independent traders have to offer.
Have a great day,
Niki x

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty home and a delicious looking lunch! I love Helen's stall and was lucky enough to be next to her at N Cadbury - such a nice, gentle lady. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stocks how beautiful I love them. Helen's home looks so cosy. And your lunch fantastic.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx