Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vintage at the Village Hall

I'd like to say a huge thank you to all who visited my stall at Blandford Forum yesterday...It was a beautiful fair with a fabulous atmosphere, perfectly organised by Elaine, who has reported back saying the comments from the visitors has been very positive, most of those being appreciative of the quality of the merchandise, saying 'how they loved visiting a fair with no tat!' :)
I went for a spring/Easter look to my stand, with lots of pale pastel colours and pretty gift ideas for the season.




Elaine has posted lots more photos of the event on Facebook here. 
Perhaps as a rebellion to my sea of soft colours, (I'm not sure?) but my purchases from the event were far from pale and pastel!...
This stunning vintage Sanderson called to me...
Buy me...
It has a definite Scandinavian feel to the design and is called Shirabad. Several lovely meters of unused fabric to play with...It came from M of Vintage Jane.
Is it a phase, or is my taste changing, I ask myself?
...Subconsciously, I've been pinning photographs with a different feel to my Pinterest boards recently, including some to a 60's/70's revival board...Eras I never would have guessed I'd revisit again with any great joy! ?

Another purchase from the fair was this collection of brightly coloured vintage millinery flowers from Sarah Dinsmore.




Finally an antique needlepoint cushion for our sofa., which came from Linda Campbell...Just £5 because its in need of a small repair...which will be easily done.
The next fair I shall be attending is next month's Vintage Bazaar, Frome on Saturday 19th April (Easter Saturday) -
Hope to see you there,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. all beautiful Niki, just beautiful!
    See you at Frome xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there...but in May I'll be there!
    Happiness! ;o)
    I'll see you soon, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a beautiful day, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx