Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Screen Test

Whilst down in Exeter with two of my daughters on Monday, I bought this pretty c1930's barbola firescreen for our master bedroom - It came from the Vintage Trading Company, which I've mentioned on my blog before. 
The unusual red and blue colouring of the anemone flowers (so often barbola work was finished in pastel tones I find), is perfect for our bedroom's fireplace...
Those who have visited here in the past, may know of my penchant for these colours.
:)

To continue the firescreen theme...this one, which I've finished with a vintage Sanderson fabric under the glass, will be heading to my shop tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. The colours go fab in your bedroom and as far as fabrics go Sanderson does it better! I'm going to start looking for firescreens now. Auction catalogues at dawn for us then lol, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki thankyou for your message on my post,I have a few firescreens,mostly cottage garden embroideries though,yours looks quite delightful,is that a roll top bath in the corner of the picture? Ttfn Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MBD - Good luck on your search...Vintage fire screens do crop up quite often, as I think less and less people have open fires these days.

    Hi Pam, Many thanks for your comment. Yes we have a small slipper bath in our master bedroom, as there was no room to have an en-suite. If you are interested you can visit my website: http://nostalgia-stonehouse.co.uk/ and click on the last listing 'press' where our home has been featured in several magazines. If you look at the ones from 2006, the bath can be seen in some of the photos.

    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx