Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Everyday She Would Sing...

I'm still working hard repurposing lots of the stock from my shop. I've made a variety of decorative pieces using the original photographs that have failed to find homes...
This collage artwork I have called 'Everyday She Would Sing...'
I've used rare C19th French fabric to create the stage curtains and her embellishments, as well as antique sheet music and glitter to finish. 
***
A flight of angels have flown in...
I printed cotton fabric with butterfly images, which I then stitched to antique sheet music. I made paper dolls of the original old photos and attached a pair of wings to their backs - Which makes each Butterfly Angel a one-off piece.
Colourful glitter powders decorate their wings and shoes...and a few other sprinklings where necessary! 
These could be hung from the Christmas tree, or enjoyed all year round...


I made another collection of standing/sitting dolls too. 


***
I've decorated some more old tins to hold items of jewellery, as unique Christmas gift ideas. 

(Handmade Deco button brooch.)

Vintage cigar tins for diamante necklaces. 

***
A c1920's china dressing table tray had a nasty chip to the edge...

I cut out Lilies from an old Sanderson fabric and glued them in place. I shall use this as a display item on my stall, as it wouldn't be practical for much else.   
***
And I've started on another box frame...A work in progress that will have a fairy dress trimmed in red blossoms added very soon. (I have several of these frames with very tiny apertures - I plan on making these into display boxes for you to add your own favourite miniatures).
I'll be working on some new fairy dolls for Devises too.
Lots to do...
Have a lovely week,
Niki x

5 comments:

  1. How I wish you had all these gorgeous things for sale in your on line shop. Every time you post I utter the same wish in my mind, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LuluLiz - I hope to do more with my on-line shop next year. I'm closing-down the bricks and mortar shop soon, so hope to free up a little time...at the moment selling on-line is one too many things...
    Time I need for making things...and family :)
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity apparently knows no bounds! Lovely ideas! Those Ancestor Angels are perfect for the tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki, your creations always make me smile. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative Niki, and I love the pretty things you have made. I always look forward to seeing your beautiful home and its dressings and many at time I pop them on my pinterest thank you xxx for all those lovely pictures
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx