Teetering on the top of a pile of hat boxes that I use for storage in my workroom, was this sorry specimen...I can't tell you how many times it has collapsed on me, sending the contents in all directions! - So on Monday I decided it was about time I tried to repair it!
It's a hat box I bought years ago from the States which was full of lovely 50's hats. As you can see above, over the years the base has come away and the acetate sides have cracked and torn. Redeeming it was the joyous floral lid, which I was determined to preserve.
I disposed of the acetate sides, but kept the base pieces.
I created new sides for the box with corrugated card, which I covered in vintage wallpaper.
Not a perfect job, but it lives to store millinery flowers for me, for another day...
These bubblegum pink drawers that I'd had in my shop previously, had proved not to be a good buy and had remained unsold, so they were next in line for a makeover!
Using various antique papers, lots of glue, and lashings of my time(!), I covered the entire piece.
It's a start to some of the items I'm going to carefully store away for the fairs that I'll be attending this year.
I think it will look lovely with antique lace spilling from it.
Also this week...
I took a bit of time-out and headed up to beautiful Nailsworth with hubby on Tuesday.
A visit to Domestic Science is always a must...
Not least for the wonderfully relaxed canteen there.
The displays inside the showrooms are inspiring and well worth a visit too!
We then trawled the charity shops in the town and I found this pile of antique music books.
One dated from 1829.
Lots of deliciousness to use in my crafts.
I also bought a collection of c1950's plaster doll's house foods - probably made by Kaybot, but I need to do some more research and try to find out their values as well.
Thank you to all who have visited my new on-line shop - I've had a very positive start...I'll continue to add new items when I can.
Enjoy the rest of your week,